Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sexy panties included.....

Saturday morning I got up, took a long, hot shower, rubbed smell good lotion all over my body, donned by sexiest pair of panties and a black dress that definitely showed some cleavage, and did my sexy eyes make up. I hummed "Let's Get it On" and brushed up against Graham while swaying my hips to the tune in my head. I felt sexy, I felt flirtatious; I was ready to put my feet up in some cold stir-ups while a strange man injected millions of Grahams best sperm directly into my uterus!

Neither one of us were nervous or excited or anything, really. It just felt like waking up to go to a normal doctors appointment. When we got there I couldn't believe how many couples were sitting in the lobby, young couples at that. The lobby of a fertility clinic is the strangest place you will ever be in your life. Everyone is trying their best to look relaxed, like "Hey no biggie, we got this". But there is definitely a current of desperation running through that place. And nobody talks to each other. I'm thinking to myself this is the only time that I will be in a room with this many people that know exactly what I am going through, but nobody is talking about it! I guess the conversation would go something like this: Person A, "Hey, why are you here?" Person B replies "Oh, we can't get pregnant on our own. You?" Person A, "Yeah, us too." And that's that, folks. Maybe that's why nobody talks, cause there isn't much to say about it.

Anyway, on to my sexy panties.

Graham did his part, then we had to wait for an hour or so for the tech to scrutinize and clean and select the best sperm that Graham had to offer. They called us back into a room and told me to get undressed from the waist down then lay on the bed. What? The man that gets me pregnant doesn't even get to see my sexy panties that I wore just for this occasion? Oh well. I just showed them to Graham instead. At least he got a kick out of it. The doctor came in and said, "Well, Graham's sperm count wasn't that high today. We were only able to get 3 million out of his sample. Some people can get pregnant with only 3 million, so we will keep our fingers crossed." That was pretty disappointing I have to say. He made sure that Graham's social and name matched the syringe full of sperm he had in his hand (that would suck if they got me pregnant with someone else's baby), showed me how the syringe worked, then got right to business. The whole thing literally took less than 5 minutes, and honestly I have had sex that hurt worse than the insemination itself. I did have some pretty serious cramping later in the day and evening, but in my head I picture a war in my uterus that involves 3 million sperm attacking one or two lone eggs. That would make anybody cramp.

So now the countdown begins. I am going to spend the next 14 days working, exercising, spending time with my wonderful friends and family, blogging, praying, cooking, eating, having some spontaneous sex with my husband, and try to keep my head off the day we find out if it worked or not. Ya'll pray with me, if you are the praying type. Pray for me to have strength if the news isn't what we want. Pray we don't have six babies. Pray Graham and I can keep our sanity this next 14 days. Keep checking my blog, I am sure I will have plenty to vent about.

With love-

Betsy Danielle


5 comments:

  1. I love you Betsy. You really crack me up. I wish you and Graham the most luck through your journey of baby makin! :) I look forward to reading your blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Lindsey from work by the way

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy! I am so exciting that you are blogging and that I can keep up with whats going on witcha! Writing will help you release anything and everything you're feeling!! I will be praying for you and Graham and your time will come!! It will... Keep us posted! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy - it's Meliss's friend Sally. I have been there and know what you're going through. I have found many various avenues of support through the fertility journey - happy to share with you. Ping Melissa to get my email and let's connect. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is why I like you. . . . I totally would have pegged this as a granny panty day but I definitely see it differently now! : )

    ReplyDelete